Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stress!!!!

OMG - life has been a little tough lately!

The good news, as you probably gathered from my last post, is that I got the job I went for - the one I had the second interview for, the other one didn't go anywhere.

My boss, after saying she would come to an agreement on my notice period (which is six weeks!), decided to be a b*tch and when I actually resigned said she wouldn't negotiate at all. Unfortunately, it was too late as I'd told my new employer that she would compromise so I had to resign giving four weeks notice rather than six. She went mental when I told her, shouting and swearing at me - totally unprofessional! She did apologise but then had another outburst last Tuesday over something so trivial! I was very upset, particularly when she made a pathetic, insincere attempt at an apology the following day. I ended up having to speak to her future line manager who was brilliant. She has spoken to her and things have improved,. It was a bit awkward at first, but things seem to be getting slowly better - only 13 work days to go, who's counting?!!!

The dog has her staples out tomorrow. Can you believe, whilst all this has been going on I've discovered another lump and this one is worrying me?! I will ask the vet to check it out but please say a prayer that she will be okay. I'm hoping that it is benign and won't need to be removed. She seems fine in herself, still chasing around like a puppy!

I start my new job on 2nd August and really can't wait!!

No comments: