Thursday, July 29, 2010

Too good to last!!

Well, the calm feeling didn't last too long!! I've had a few stresses with my new job, mainly around getting the offer confirmed in writing and trying to iron out a few issues with the system they are using - it is a bit complicated but I'll try to explain!

I got the job through one agent, Company A, but because they don't have a contract with the company who are employing me, Company B, I now have to sit under another agency, Company C, for payroll but they outsource their payroll to Company D (can you see where I'm getting confused!!). Company C sent me out the wrong paperwork, so it appeared that I was having to set up as a limited company and effectively become a Contractor. In addition, I was told I would be weekly paid and have my holiday pay added on to my daily rate which means I won't get paid when I take holiday. I have managed to get the pay sorted to monthly (didn't fancy having to change all my direct debits) but I can't change the holiday pay issue so will have to make sure I put that money to one side and pay myself when I take holiday. I have now got the provisional contract but they have the wrong end date on it (a month short) and are talking about adding National Insurance to my daily rate which implies that I won't be PAYE which is different to what they've told me - I don't know about you but my head is hurting with it and tonight I've cracked open the wine (for medicinal purposes, you understand!!).

Tomorrow is my last day in my current job, it has come around so quickly. I can't believe I won't be making the 26 mile trek each way anymore - yay!!! I'm scared I'll forget on Monday and end up going to Bristol by mistake!!

We've been invited to go back to our wedding venue on Tuesday to have a taster evening - a lovely surprise and I can't wait to see it again!!

No comments: