Monday, December 27, 2010

Difficult Christmas but good result!

Well, it has been an interesting if somewhat difficult Christmas! 

Nothing major!  I had my works Christmas do on Thursday 23rd (postponed from 17th due to the snow!).  Bertie was ghastly.  It was in a very posh hotel in Cardiff.  I struggled with the soup for starter and then disaster struck with the turkey.  I must have got about 6 or 8 mouthfuls down and then it got stuck and it was extremely uncomfortable until it came back up in my napkin.  I was mortified (once again!). 

He's been impossible since.  I could hardly eat much on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and even yesterday was difficult.  Consequently, I am feeling hungry but pleased to report I am a further three pounds lighter since Thursday!  Always a silver lining.

I don't think it helps that I still have the nasty virus that is going around.  I keep thinking it's cleared up and then it comes back.  I've got a chesty cough which I think is irritating Bertie even more.

Whoever thinks this is an easy option has no idea - you don't get a day off.  I'm seriously considering having a de-fill if this doesn't improve within the next few days.  Either way, I will also speak to the nurse about whether I need to have a de-fill before the wedding/ honeymoon as I'm not going to have them spoilt by Bertie.

On the bright side, we had a lovely Christmas with the families and I am sitting here wearing a pinafore dress that I haven't worn for about 10 years.  So, much as he has been ghastly, I do love Bertie really! 

No comments: