Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a week!!

I am sitting here, struggling to keep my eyes open and it's only 2.30pm!

Sorry for the lack of blogging, again, but I've had a hell of a week! I had to travel upto Liverpool last Sunday for training on our new IT system for work. I had to be rearing to go at 9.30 on Monday morning, so not practial to drive up on the day! I was there until Wednesday afternoon. The journey back was hideous, the M6 roadworks were a nightmare - didn't help that I hit it right on rush hour! The course was full on and although the system will be brilliant when it is launched, there is so much to remember.

I was then in work on Thursday, thinking I could possibly slip off a bit early - no chance, we had a new tribunal claim come in which always causes a flurry of activity. The claim is in relation to a case I managed, I'm confident that we should be able to get it struck out as having no prospect of success but we still have to prepare just in case.

Then yesterday afternoon was the funeral for my former colleague. I left at 3pm to get to the crematorium in plenty of time. It was literally a 10 minute drive and the funeral was at 4. Well, my expectations were right, it was heaving and even at 3.30 the roads around the crematorium were at a standstill! It holds 100 people in the room, the room was packed, the lobby was packed and there were loads of us standing outside! It was great for her family to see how many people turned out for her. It was very emotional.

This morning, I struggled to get out of bed at 10.30 and I still feel as though all my energy has been sapped.

Still, my other half is working until 9.30 tonight so I have the house to myself. I've just got to go and drag myself around Tesco then I can sit out in the sun and relax. I feel a glass of white coming on!!

No comments: