Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter

So, lots of catching up to do!!

My boyfriend is fine after his 'food poisoning' episode! Although, we have just noticed that the local pharmacy messed up one of his prescriptions. They gave him x4 the strength dosage that he should have had! He only noticed because he has just started a second course and the tablets are different - I think I will be paying them a visit soon. Fortunately he is fine but it could have been very serious.

I finally got to the bottom of my mother's comments about the tiara! It appears to have stemmed from my father who has been banging on to her about me not wearing a wedding dress! It all came out last week when they were over and I mentioned in passing to my father that my mother and I were going looking at dresses the next day. He looked at me in utter horror and said 'you're not going to be wearing a wedding dress at your age'. He is adamant that I am too old at 44 to wear a wedding dress and I should be looking at a suit or a 'costume' - God only knows what that means, but according to my mum that's what they called a fancy outfit in the 50s!! He is totally horrified!

Anyway, my mum and I went dress shopping the next day and had a lovely time. I only tried on three but it has given me a lot to think about. I may well end up with something completely different to what I was expecting.

Bertie has been a little unpredictable - although he has now settled down somewhat. Thank God, as I had another embarrassing episode whilst eating out last Sunday. I had sausage and mash which I thought was fairly safe but something got stuck and it came back up before I was able to get to the ladies. Fortunately, I had a paper napkin on hand and had my back to the rest of the room but it is not pleasant. I think I have to readjust my food-head as I have had a lot of similar episodes recently (all at home!).

It is lovely having a long weekend, I was only back at work for four days but I really felt in the need of the weekend - more upheaval at work has been announced! Fortunately, I am not directly affected but there are people in my wider team who have been put at risk of redundancy and it was a massive shock. Still, I have a short week next week and then the week after I am in Liverpool on a course for three days - Salford Quays here I come!!

No comments: