Monday, March 22, 2010

Finally, some good news!!

After a few difficult food days - which included me throwing my dinner up within 10 minutes - I have managed to lose some weight!! About time, I say!!

My weight has been a little up and down - not much but enough to annoy me! This morning it was down to the lowest so far so I am going to recorded it as encouragement to myself! It is not an easy way to lose it but at least I am seeing some results for my suffering!

I went to my first Wedding Fayre yesterday. It would be so easy to get caught up in the drama of the occasion! My mum couldn't come as they were away for the weekend so I went with my boyfriend's mum. My mum said she didn't mind but when I told her about it last night (after she asked me!) she really annoyed me. I mentioned that I tried on some tiaras. She seemed a bit taken back and then commented that she thought I was going for the sophisticated look and wasn't I a bit old for that!!! I know I am 44 but I look young for my age and this is my first and only wedding so I want to look special - was I a bit over sensitive to cry when I put the phone down?!! It didn't help when five minutes later in discussion about wedding dresses with my boyfriend - I mentioned that I didn't really want a sleeveless/strapless dress (all you seem to see now are bodice type dresses) as I have a thing about my bingo wings - he said well you can always have a shawl...!!! I now think everyone must see me as an old granny who shouldn't wear a tiara and needs to wrap up in a shawl (I'm imagining something crotcheted!!).

No comments: