Monday, June 28, 2010

Still stressed!!

But not yet succumbed to a nervous breakdown!

Work has been horrendous, the deal has been signed and my job is transferring to the new company. My whole team is transferring but only half the work is, so I must draw my own conclusions as to what will happen after we transfer!

Consequently, I have been applying for jobs closer to home. Response to my CV has been very encouraging and I had two first interviews last week. I have a second interview for one later this afternoon and have still to hear on the other one.

The dog managed to pull her stitches out last Tuesday. Fortunately my boyfriend was at home and able to whiz her up to the vets to have 5 staples put in. She now has a lampshade collar and a sock on to stop her doing it again. I took a flyer and left the collar off yesterday in the sweltering heat and she now only has 4 staples - collar reinstated immediately!!

Then my boyfriend's father got rushed into hospital 30 miles away. He had a blackout at a wedding, fell over cutting his head open and breaking his wrist (which wasn't discovered until the next day). My boyfriend got a call at work and had to come home so that we could dash over to the hospital and support his mum. His dad was kept in so we had to go back to the wedding venue to pick their car up and take his mum and the car home. I got to bed at 1.30am and had to be up for work the next day!

All in all, it is still pretty stressful. On the positives, I bought a new skirt the other week, size 16 with a proper zip (ie not elasticated) and thought it would be a bit tight but it is actually a bit too big. It is linen so it gives a bit but I have to put a safety pin in the side to keep it up!!

No comments: