Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Interesting ...

I'm feeling lots better after the weekend.

I went back to work yesterday and had nothing but understanding and support. My boss has been fantastic and has told me if I need to take time out for appointments then just make them and we will work round it. One of my colleagues is pregnant via IVF and she has given me some very useful information. Apparently, the first test that should have been done was to check my FSH levels which gives an indication of how many eggs I have left and then they can do another blood test to check whether I have actually ovulated. I am now seeing my GP to ask for these tests on Friday. My colleague has offered to talk it through with me any time which is really lovely.

I think once we have these tests done and my boyfriend's test results are known we will be in a better place to understand what our chances/options are, so I'm feeling happier.

I've just met my old boss for a coffee which was great, lots to catch up on! I also bumped into the nurse from the obesity service. I, rather cheekily, took the opportunity to mention my concern that I might need another fill. She thought I looked like I'd lost more weight but said I might need another one. She's advised to give it a bit longer so we agreed to wait until the new year and then do something if necessary.

So, all is calm again and I am feeling happier!

No comments: