Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's all gone a bit wrong!!

I'm sorry for the delay in posting, as you may have guessed by the title of this post, things have gone a bit awry!!

I am sitting on the sofa, having been off work for the last three days with a bad back. It is entirely my own fault, I was so tired (or, as my boyfriend is dishonestly telling everyone, drunk) on Sunday after his cousin and her family left that I fell asleep in the armchair with one leg over the arm of it and my back seems to have gone into a spasm. I am slowly getting better but it is very painful. Unfortunately, I can only take one of the painkillers that the doctor gave me on Monday as the other one makes me feel very sick.

There was some good news today, I stood on the scales and finally I have lost a pound - unfortunately, my password for the ticker isn't working - (or I can't remember it!) so I can't update it. I'll try again but I may have to start again - bother!! I was particularly excited as this finally takes me below 14 stone which is something I haven't been for a number of years!!

We saw the GP on Friday morning, she was fantastic. She sent me for the necessary blood tests and I have to go back this week for the results. I think they may be a bit out as my cycle is not the full 28 days but I'll see what comes back. I also took my boyfriend's sample to the hospital for analysis to check he is all okay. That is such a funny experience, you have to get it to the hospital within an hour of it being produced and keep it at body temperature. Bearing in mind that means a 25-30 mile dash down the motorway with it tucked in the waist band of your skirt, hoping that you don't get stopped or have an accident, you can see it is quite amusing!!

I also had a massive reality check on Friday. I went out with a group of people I used to work with two years ago. There were about 30 of us out and I only knew about 20 of them - if that. While I was there I realised of the people I knew, two are in remission from breast cancer, one of them (who is only 26) is fighting bowel, liver and lung cancer (with only a hope of extending her life not curing her illness) and another lost his 15 year old son earlier this year. It suddenly brought everything into perspective, especially the 26 year old. I'm pining for a 'nice to have' she is hoping for a miracle to allow her to live just a little bit longer. It made it much easier at the weekend when I discovered that once again, I'm not pregnant. It will be helpful to have the results of our tests but if we don't have a baby I am going to accept that it wasn't meant to be and concentrate on all the positives in my life.

No comments: