Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Half a snow day!!

It's been a funny old day, I went into work but keeping an eye on the weather as we were predicted heavy snow. I sent my boyfriend a text asking him to call me if it started snowing at home. He rang at about 12.30 to say it was snowing quite heavily and the lane and our driveway were quite covered. It was still okay in Bristol so I thought I'd wait, then it started to snow quite heavily in Bristol and others were leaving work. I wasn't sure what to do but talking to some colleagues decided that we should go home. The snow was sporadic coming home, in some places quite heavy and none at all in others.

I got home and it had stopped - I felt a right fraud! My poor car share had to come home as well, I feel awful!

Still, they are predicting a heavy fall tonight so will have to see how things go in the morning. I did bring some work home to do but I would have stayed if I'd known it was going to stop.

No comments: