Monday, May 25, 2009

Decision made ...

After a sleepless night and lots of thinking (and talking it through with my boyfriend), I decided to have a conversation with the manager to whom the role would be reporting. I've always found him to be a bit intimidating and, since he is based in Ipswich, the conversation was over the phone which I always find a bit difficult. The last time we had a conversation he was telling me about how my current role would be changing and although he was pleasant enough, he did give the message that they would root out anyone not performing to standard which I found a bit scary! He was very pleasant when we spoke this time and put my mind at ease over the concerns I had about the role. He did tell me not to read anything into the conversations I'd had with him and the recruitment manager - I reassured him that I didn't, but in my mind it is a little hard not to!!!

I suppose I have to remember that they just want the best pool of candidates to choose from. I'm pretty confident that the temp is not a contender which leaves myself and the other girl who has been on secondment for the last year (hence the temp covering her work!). She is a strong candidate so I can't take anything for granted. At least now I know I am seen as a contender and they know that I am interested in progression.

Fingers crossed for me - please!!

No comments: