Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quandry!

I know, posts are like buses you wait ages for one then two come along at once!!

I thought I would post this separately as it is nothing to do with the house.

I am in a bit of a dilemma. As you will have read, there has been a lot of upheaval at work with my boss being ousted and the temp being put in as an interim team leader. The vacancy was advertised last week and the closing date was Monday. I decided not to apply as I believed there were other candidates who would have better experience than me.

Well, I popped to the shop to get a packet of crisps this afternoon (what can I say, they are band friendly!!) and got ambushed by the recruitment team manager. He pulled me into a meeting room and asked me why I hadn't applied! To cut a long story short, he has said that although the vacancy has closed, they would still accept an application from me. He has asked me to give it some consideration and to speak to the person the role reports into tomorrow. I agreed to think about it tonight and speak to him tomorrow.

My boyfriend has said he would support me if I decide to go for it. I've spoken to my old boss who thinks I am probably the preferred candidate and that I should go for it. I almost feel I have to otherwise they will think I don't have any ambition. Either way, it is nice that they see me as a true contender, if I am honest I felt that wasn't the case when they asked the temp to cover instead of me.

What to do....?!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it..... what if the temp applies and gets it by default... sounds like you are a dead cert! Good luck, love kegs x

Bandster said...

Thanks Kerry! I have decided to apply - as you will see in my next post! I thought if I am being questioned about not applying then the message is I am a serious contender so it would be damaging to my future prospects if I don't.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Hope you are well!