Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Learning curve!

It's been an interesting day or so ... Bertie has settled down to some extent and, I must be honest, is not as vicious as I was dreading.

Having said that, things are different. The lump in my throat has subsided but I do feel quite full most of the time. Occasionally, I feel what I would describe as 'lower stomach hunger'. That is, I feel as though I am hungry but I also feel as though I won't be able to eat as my 'top stomach' won't let it through. I am also finding that I feel I want/need to burp (a common occurrence with a band) but I can't and I end up worrying that I am going to be sick.

I really know that Bertie will allow me to eat enough to feel satisfied but won't let me eat too much. Looking back now I realise I was able to push him further than I should have, for example, I could pack away quite a few biscuits with my cup of tea before but now I know I couldn't. This is what I signed up for, I think I've found my 'sweet spot' - lets just see how the weight is going before I get too excited! My food intake today has been, a skinny latte for breakfast, a small packet of Quavers, some crackers and Philly, a Mullerlight yoghurt, two malted milk biscuits, some mashed potato with grated cheese and a choc ice. I'm now supping a glass of white wine feeling very full - I'm not even sure the wine will all go down!!

I had a strange experience last night, I was lying in bed and my chest started gurgling. I know it is Bertie and probably because he is tighter and not letting any trapped wind come up but it was very strange. I was telling one of the girls in work today, she is five months pregnant and said that is exactly what happens to her at night. She thinks it's to do with the stomach being restricted.

I will weight myself in the morning and post later. I'm hoping to see some results!!

No comments: