Monday, June 23, 2008

The Countdown begins

Just over a week to go until surgery, my op is on 2nd July. I have to start my special diet this Wednesday so only one more day of 'normal' eating - yes, yoghurt and fromage frais for me, oh joy!

As I've already said, I don't feel a burning urge to stuff myself silly. Having said that, I did have quite a busy end to last week eating out Thursday, Friday and Saturday! It wasn't really planned like that and I didn't go mad, except on Saturday when we went to a lovely pub and the food was sooooo good! I felt really stuffed when I got home - actually, I felt a bit uncomfortable and it did cross my mind that I won't be able to do that to myself in the future which is not an entirely bad thing!!

I decided today to tell my immediate work colleagues what is happening. I think it will be easier for me with the special diet if I don't have to make up stories about why I'm doing it. They were brilliant, they think I will start a new fad in the wider department if I am seen eating just yoghurt and then lose tonnes of weight - you heard it here first, the new Yoghurt Diet!!! They have been very supportive and genuinely interested in the process which really helps.

No comments: