Friday, June 20, 2008

Well, that's the worst bit over!

Had the endoscopy today - which went as well as could be expected. It is not really a pleasant experience but it wasn't too bad. All over and done with in 15 minutes, then back to my room to sleep off the sedation.

I met my surgeon for the first time today, he came to talk me through the procedure and also talk about the operation. He was lovely, he gave me a lot of information and did not rush through things at all. I feel a lot better having met him and having got the endoscopy out of the way.

The worst part was not being able to eat until after it was done. Normally, I'm not particularly hungry in the morning, but I think once you are told you can't eat anything you are immediately starving! I was up eating cereal at 1am! I have NEVER been a nocturnal eater but I felt peckish and thought I'd better have something while I was still allowed!

It was really nice to have my own room, my other half was able to wait in relative comfort. They even brought me lunch afterwards which was unexpected and much appreciated!

I am actually almost excited to be getting on with things now.


No comments: