Friday, June 27, 2008

Three down, four to go....

I am not a good person to be around today!

The restricted diet is seriously getting to me. I feel hungry and I am truly sick of the sight of yoghurt. It probably doesn't help that I am trying to go to work as normal when I am not eating proper food and I am trying to get everything sorted out before I go off for two weeks.

I am getting the spooks about the operation too - am I doing the right thing?!! It doesn't help that I've just had a drunken phone call from the other half (actually he's hilarious when he gets drunk as it doesn't happen that often!!), he's out with his mates and called me to say he's fine and will be home late (we don't live together but he normally calls once he's home to say goodnight). I was feeling a bit sorry for myself and because he's had a drink he asked me if I'd thought it through properly as it's not going to be easy once its in place. I've tried to talk to him about it before but he's a typical bloke and not good at talking about anything serious. Bless him, he has been very supportive throughout this so far, he's even taking me in to hospital on Wednesday, he's just not great at talking - but what bloke is?!!!

I know he's right, it won't be easy but I really have got to do this (see previous post). I'm sure its the right thing to do. When I met the nurse on my initial consultation she took one look at me and said you don't have a choice about this, you have got to do it. She's had a band herself so she knows what she's talking about. I had a breast reduction nearly 6 years ago and I remember feeling very confused before that, thinking why am I putting myself through an 'unnecessary' operation. At the time, I could hardly stand up straight due to the weight of my breasts. Turns out it was one of the best things I've ever had done and have never regretted it for an instant.

I'm hoping that I will look back at this post in a few months time and think, what was I worrying about?!!

No comments: