Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tests and restrictions

I'm due to have the final test done prior to the op, this is a gastroscopy which is being done on Friday. I can't eat anything for five hours beforehand which really means the night before, unless I want to have my breakfast at 4am!! I think this test is probably the worst part of the whole thing. I had one of these done before, about 10 years ago, and it wasn't exactly pleasant. At least for the op you are totally out of it. I will be having sedation for the procedure but from what I remember last time, you are still aware of what is happening.

Once that has been done, the next hurdle is managing on yoghurt and fromage frais for a week before the surgery - yikes!! Apparently, it helps shrink your liver which makes the operation easier for the surgeon. Personally, I think it is to stop us fatties killing ourselves with food before we get on the operating table! I'm quite surprised how good I am being about not stuffing myself - although that may change as I get nearer to my normal food deadline.

After all this, I'm begining to think having a band will be a doddle!

No comments: