Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Vicious!!!

I am learning (the hard way!) that my band is downright vicious when it wants to be.

If anyone reading this is thinking about having a band, please don't think that it is an easy solution. It isn't!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my band and the freedom it is giving me, but believe me, the band is in control! Anyone reading this who has a band themselves will know exactly what I mean!

Today I have, for no apparent reason, had a day where I can hardly eat anything because Bertie (band!) is not letting anything through without a fight! I couldn't even manage a full bowl of soup at lunchtime. I have eaten a small packet of cheddars (I was working away from the office and hadn't taken any breakfast) which I ate in three goes throughout the day! At lunchtime, I couldn't face a jacket potato so I had the soup and a bowl of about 12 chips (of which, I managed 3/4 of the soup and ate probably 8 chips). I am now heating up some pasta but I don't anticipate getting much of it down - guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!
I honestly worried that my lunch was going to make a reappearance at one point which would have been horrific as I was with a colleague running two training sessions.

It is so weird because I have days when I think there is nothing doing with Bertie and I need a fill and then I have a day like today when, for no obvious reason, I have very forceful restriction. He really does have a mind of his own but at least I know he is doing his job and I do love him!!

No comments: