Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nice weekend!

Apologies for the absence - I've had one of those weekends which was meant to be quiet and then turned out anything but!!!

Friday night was fairly quiet but Saturday went by in a bit of a blurr! I had my legs waxed in the morning and the place I go to for that is a 10 mile drive each way - I know that is daft but I feel comfortable with the girl who does it and the salon is in a lovely town which has a great shopping centre. When I got back, my cousin was here and we had arranged to go to lunch. We went to a lovely pub and had a good old natter. Neither of us wanted a huge amount to eat as we both had plans for the evening but we both got more than we bargained for! He ordered a sandwich with chips which turned out to be of doorstop proportions! I knew I couldn't manage a sandwich so I ordered a starter of spicy meatballs. They came on a huge slice of garlic bread and smothered in tomato sauce and cheese. I just ate the meatballs and left the garlic bread - my cousin doesn't know about the band and he would have worried if I'd had to run off to the toilet with my hand over my mouth!

After lunch I drove over to my boyfriend's as we had made arrangements to see some friends for the evening. These are the friends who got us together. They have the most gorgeous daughter who is 15 months old and just so charming! We had a lovely meal with them - we had pumpkin pie for dessert which I've never had before, it was nicer than I expected.

Today we went out for lunch with one of my boyfriend's cousins and her husband. I've only met them a couple of times and never really had much time to chat to them so it was really lovely to get the chance to get to know them better.

So, I've had quite a busy time foodwise. I can seem to eat quite a bit but I am sticking to the decision I made on Thursday regarding bands - I don't want to have a totally miserable Christmas!

It was my nephew's 13th birthday today - where on earth have those years gone?!! They live Oz so I had to phone him to wish him happy returns of the day. What is it with boys of that age - his sister is 11 and chatted away to me 19 to the dozen, he made some effort to talk but was clearly distracted (by his computer game I later heard from his sister - isn't sisterly love great?!!). I guess now he's a teenager I can't expect much more but I miss the chatty little boy he used to be. I know his sister may go that way as well once those hormones kick in but she is such a delight, you can have a totally adult conversation with her. That sounds like my nephew isn't a delight - he is a really lovely boy and wasn't rude in anyway, he just clearly had more important things on his mind! Truth is, I miss them terribly! I haven't seen them for nearly three years and I'm not sure when I will see them next. I also worry that when I do, it will be far too tiresome for them to spend time with their dippy aunt!!

No comments: