Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Glad that's over!

Well, I'm sitting up in bed at home, feeling very glad that's all over.

The operation went well, unfortunately I was last on the morning list so didn't go down until 12.30 but I was back on the ward at 3. I probably could have come home last night but they took my drip down in the recovery room and when I tried to drink it made me feel sick so I only took a few tiny sips to wet my mouth. Then my blood pressure dropped so they had to put the drip back in.

The operation has confirmed that I have endometriosis - the consultant said it was moderate to severe which shocked me! She also said there was evidence that I'd had a burst cyst which was probably what caused the pain the other week. The good news is that they have removed all the endometriosis and the associated adhesions to my fallopian tubes and uterus. My tubes are clear so they have said the best chance of us conceiving is in the next 3-4 months - guess we're going to be busy!!! I have to go back to outpatients in 3 months and if I am not pregnant by then, they will refer me for fertility treatment. So, it seems we are in with a chance - however small it may be at my/our age.

Bertie behaved himself throughout. If I'm honest, I was quite worried about having an anaesthetic with him in but it was all fine and now I am glad that I didn't have to have him deflated.

It is great to be home, it is weird because it's only been home for two weeks but it definitely feels like home!

No comments: