Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy times!

Well, we have been in the house a week now and I am feeling much more chilled and relaxed. Even the dog seems happier, I think she has been missing my parents as she used to spend all day with them. I expected her to be unsettled for a few weeks but she has settled in like she's always lived here!

We still have boxes and boxes to unpack but we have most of our everyday stuff to hand and we are starting to get into a routine. The house is just as lovely as I hoped it would be. It is so quiet and peaceful. I can't quite get over the wildlife we see - there have been rabbits in the garden every morning and we get a lot of squirrels, the dog is demented!!

Lots has been happening, I can't believe I go into hospital on Monday to have the cyst removed. It will be good to get it out. I had my pre-op assessment on Friday. I've now been told it is likely that I will be in overnight, unless I go down very early. I've also been told to expect to need a minimum of a couple of weeks off work - shame, I get to spend two weeks in my lovely home!

Work is interesting, my workload has reduced considerably. I am not taking anything new on this week as I'll only be passing it over on Friday. The temp is due to leave on 22nd July, she has been told she must take all her outstanding holiday before she goes. We have also been told that she will finish on 22nd whether they have appointed someone or not, if she is then successful she will return at a later date.
So I don't think it looks all that good for her chances at the job but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I have finally unpacked my own weighing scales. I only found them this evening so I will have to wait until the morning to check where I am officially weightwise but it was good to find them! I have an idea where I am but it will feel real when I weigh on my own scales.

One of the girls at work came over to me yesterday morning when I was on my own to comment on how much weight I'd lost. She was so sweet because she was worried I would take offence but felt she had to comment. She said I was looking amazing - I felt 10 feet tall all day! She is the second person, who didn't know about Bertie, to notice - it feels great!!!

I've decided that as soon as I am back on my feet after the op, I will have a band adjustment. I'm ready to get things moving a bit quicker. I went shopping at the mall last night, it was great to be able to look at clothes in normal shops and realise that I could get into them! I just want them to be smaller sizes than they would be at the moment!

No comments: