Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy, busy!!!!

Sorry for my absence, I ended up having a busier weekend than I expected!

I've done a lot of eating out since my last post so I am a bit worried about what the scales may say on Wednesday. Friday was my boyfriend's dad's birthday and I took a long lunch break so that I could meet up with them for lunch. I still ended up gulping my meal down and having to hotfoot it back to work afterwards. In the evening, we had dinner with some friend's of my boyfriend - I was still full from lunch so really struggled and felt a bit embarrassed at what I had to leave. I've then had lunch out with my parents today which was fab.

One thing I have noticed, which is really great, is that places are starting to offer 'smaller appetite' meals which are smaller versions of some of the menu choices. They had this in the restaurant on Friday and again at the pub today. At least that way you are not paying for food you know you can't eat and you are not embarrassed at having to leave an almost untouched plate of food!

We were supposed to go to a party last night but, after getting ready, neither of us really felt like going so we curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine and some nibbles instead - probably not a good idea but so comforting!!!

No comments: