Monday, October 27, 2008

Was it ever worth it??!!!!

Well, as I am coming to understand, the band always has the last laugh!!

After my naughtiness on Friday night, the band has more than reprimanded me! It is certainly the boss and is quite capable of letting me know in an almost brutal way! On Saturday, I eventually tried to eat a boiled egg (with soldiers - I love my mum, I'm 42 but I'll always be her baby!!!!!) but old bandie was having none of it, the soldiers were not going to go down so they had to be abandoned and I struggled to eat the egg - took me about quarter of an hour! I had this at about 1.30 and then managed to eat an M&S lasagne at about 8pm and that was all I got down all day! Then on Sunday I managed two weetabix at lunchtime and then we had Sunday roast (we eat at tea time on a Sunday), I put up a small plate of food for myself and couldn't manage all of that. Then this morning, I stood on the scales (I know, what can I say, I'm an addict!!!) and the bl**dy thing said I'd put on two pounds!!! It's having a laugh!!!

Today has been quite weird, I just haven't felt hungry at all. I didn't want breakfast, at lunchtime I had a jacket potato with tuna mayo and cheese. Normally, this would go down really easily but not today. I struggled big time and had to leave quite a bit as I started to feel the food sticking in the back of my throat - nice!!! I couldn't face dinner, still feeling like something is stuck in the back of my throat. All I've had since lunch is a packet of hula hoops - not healthy, I know, but I just fancied them and knew they would go down.

Much as I love my band, I do sometimes think he (and it must be a he - no offence guys!!!) is having a laugh at my expense!! It is almost as though he thinks, right lady you took the mickey yesterday so I'm gonna take the mickey today - just as well I have a sense of humour!!

No comments: