Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunny days!

Well, we had a lovely holiday in Kefalonia. The weather was fabulous, not a drop of rain and the temperature was in the mid to high twenties - it was actually too hot at times! The hotel we stayed in was very nice, although it was just outside Lixouri which was lovely but, if any of you know the island, this is on the peninsula so is rather isolated. The season ends on the island at the end of the month and our hotel is due to close on 19th so it and the surrounding tavernas were gradually closing down around us which was a bit of a shame because it narrowed your options rather! What was nice though was that there was no scrum for the sunbeds around the pool! You could wander down there at any time and have your pick of the beds! If you want a holiday on a beautiful island which is totally unspoilt and you enjoy being away from the crowds and the hustle and bustle, then I would thoroughly recommend it. If you do go, you must see the fishing port of Fiscardo, the beautiful Myrtos Beach and also the Melissani lakes.

We did experience a couple of earth tremors while we were there, which were quite exciting! One was very early in the morning and I woke up when my bed shook - my boyfriend managed to sleep through that, so he didn't even feel the earth move!

I have had some rather important morale boosters. The first one was when I was packing my suitcase, I looked in my wardrobe and found a linen blouse I bought back in April for work during the summer. When I brought it home it and tried it on in gaped dreadfully and I put it in the wardrobe and forgot all about it. When I found it, I tried it on not really expecting a change (I know I've lost a stone but it doesn't feel that different at the moment!). I was wrong!! The blouse fits perfectly and it was ideal on holiday. I also tried on a skirt that I last tried to wear when I was in Majorca (also in April!). When I put it on then, it was so tight I had to take it back off again as it looked dreadful. I'm sure you've guessed that it was fine and I got plenty of wear out of it on holiday.

The final morale booster was getting to my seat on the plane. When we went to Majorca, I felt crammed in to my seat, the seatbelt was at it's maximum capacity and I couldn't get the table down flat - I was mortified. This time I fitted in the seat comfortably, I had plenty of spare seatbelt and the table went down no problem.
I know airlines differ and I know I have only lost a small fraction of my excess weight but I think my weight loss so far has had an impact (we flew with Thomas Cook to Majorca and Thomsonfly to Kefalonia).

It is funny how small achievements spur you on to do better - I am loving the band at the moment and feel very positive about my future with it! I also found it funny that I was so aware of my weight loss goal that I had convinced myself that I'd put on weight during the holiday - just goes to show how your perceptions change, I thought I'd pigged out but I couldn't have. Next time, I will be aiming to come back from holiday having lost weight - or am I just being silly now?!!!

No comments: