Friday, March 6, 2009

Never again....

...well, not for a very long time at least!!!

I am totally exhausted! The move went very well but I was full on from 8am until 5pm and I ache all over. My legs and back are so stiff, I'm walking like John Wayne!

We had a few minor problems, like trying to get the removal van through the gate and up the drive. They made it in the end but it was tight and the van ended up stuck on the grass - much wheel spinning and burning rubber!! The main problem was that we discovered the plumbing was less that professionally done! We decided to turn the water on so we could make a cup of tea and use the loo. When we ran the kitchen tap we got a leak by the stop tap and discovered that the waste from the kitchen sink was a complete botch job and was not even connected!! Fortunately, my dad was there and he is a plumber so he sorted it out for us for the time being. When we looked at the downstairs toilet, the waste pipe on that is taped together - ewww!! Just as well we had already planned to pull it all out and replace it!

The house looks so different with some furniture in it - we've only ever seen it empty.

I'm having a quiet day today, the last week has been total chaos and I need to recover before I go back to work on Monday. I can't walk in there looking like I've just got off my horse!!

Bertie is not happy, I am really feeling the restriction at the moment. I think it is because there is so much going on. I really hope this is getting some weight moving, I will be so disappointed if I've been so busy and eaten so little for no gain (or loss, depending how you look at it!!).

No comments: