Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where would we be without our mums?!!

I, for one, would be in an exhausted heap in some freezing house in South Wales!! My mum is looking after me good and proper - today, for the first time in I care to remember I felt rested and ready to face the world, sadly the feeling didn't last once I got to work!! My mum has been great in providing good home cooked food and plenty of cups of tea and sympathy when it is all going wrong with the house!

Having said that, I would be in a worse situation without my Dad who, bless him, has been working on the new house for us! At 69 he should really be taking it easy but that is not his way and in two days, I think he and his mate (who is considerably younger!!) have done about four days work. It is so nice to have things finally under way. The only problem is, we are trying to get quotes for the heating and installing the bathroom and everyone has a different opinion on what is the best option - I'm ready to run away screaming, what do I know about combi boilers and kilowatt output?!!.

Work is an absolute pig at the moment. I've done lots of long, busy days. At least with flexi time, I know I will get that back but at the moment I am exhausted.

Whilst I am not officially weighing myself, as my scales are in a box at the new house, I have been keeping a track on my mum's scales. It is not proper weighing in because they are quite a bit different to my scales but in the two weeks I've been here it appears I've lost about 3 pounds - I'm not counting it officially but it is a good feeling. I'm certainly feeling thinner and much happier with my body image although I know I still have a long way to go.

No comments: