Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy, Busy!!!

I'm so sorry, another long gap between posting. Life is extremely hectic at the moment on all fronts and I seem to be just getting up, going to work, eating and sleeping.

The last few days have been exhausting both physically and emotionally.

I went to London on the weekend with my friend which was fantastic. It was so lovely to just get away from everything and have a good old natter. We went to see Grease which was really good - I am usually disappointed by shows which are based on iconic films but this worked, although I felt the ending was a bit rushed. I suppose it is a sign of the times but in the five years we've been doing this, it was the first time we saw empty seats in the audience which is a shame as the show was very good.

My boyfriend earned about six million brownie points over the weekend. My parents were away from Friday so he came over on Friday night specifically so he could drop me to the station on Saturday morning - he even missed curry with the lads! I was going to get the train home to Newport which would have been easier for him to pick me up but they weren't running so he came all the way back from Cardiff to pick me up - bless him!! On top of that he had looked after my dog all day as well.

On Sunday we went to get the tiles for the en-suite. The bathroom fitter was starting yesterday so we absolutely had to get them. Fortunately, we found the perfect tile and everything is going according to plan (so far!).

Yesterday was quite traumatic. Work has been quite stressful and there has been a lot going on in terms of restructure as I have previously said. I work in, what I can only describe as, a bitchy office. I've been there a year (exactly to the day, today!) and I've never worked in such a political, backstabbing environment. My manager has, in my opinion, done a good job in difficult circumstances and often in the face of some extremely disruptive behaviour. However, it appears that she has upset someone high because she was called into a 'meeting' yesterday where she was told they want to compromise her out. This basically means that they pay her money and she goes, signing away her right to take them to a tribunal. It is a legal process used when they want to get rid of someone but they know they have no proper grounds to do it safely. To be honest, she was already applying for other jobs and this way she is getting a rather nice pot of money to go but I am soooooo angry that the company can do this to her when they have given her absolutely no support in dealing with what they know is a difficult team. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm trying to get pregnant I would be actively looking for another job myself because come the move I'm going to be travelling 24 miles each way for a company that could just throw me aside if my face no longer fits. I think I am so angry because I know exactly who has done this and I think the decison was grossly unfair.

I'm not supposed to know about the compromise agreement so today was quite fraught as she was not in and we were just told she was off for personal reasons. She is back in tomorrow when she has to tell the team she is being made redundant - should be interesting!

I have my date for my pre-op assessment - that was extremely quick! It is on 3rd July so I think my op must be on the 13th.

I've no idea where my weight is, I know it has gone down but I can't keep track at the moment!! Last check it was down another two so I've updated my tracker - this may get readjusted when I finally get to stand on my own scales, probably in about 2020!!!

No comments: