Friday, April 10, 2009

Mixed feelings!

I've had a bit of a good/bad few days!

Work has been good, things have improved with the horrible case I was dealing with. Particularly since the person who had made all the fuss and caused me so much stress has been proven to be trying to cover her own bad behaviour. Basically, the case is related to inappropriate emails and we were disciplining three people for sending potentially offensive emails to external accounts. One of the line managers of these people threw a massive hissy fit when the disciplinary invites were issued but it's come to light during the hearings that she had been sending similar emails to them - hehehe! Not quite sure where that will go but I feel totally vindicated!!

The bad bit is that we've been at the house today. The electricians have been in, chasing out the walls to fit the cables. I could not believe it when I walked in to find they had done all the hacking out of the walls without using any dust sheets which they led me to believe would be used. All my furniture was covered in dust. I cannot believe anyone would be so disrespectful to someone elses belongings. My sofa was covered, my dining furniture was covered, I even had some coats on the sofa which were grey, everything including my TV and hifi speakers were covered - it was a total mess. We spent ages dusting and cleaning. I was crying my eyes out at the state of my furniture - believe me I am not house proud by any stretch but this was unbelieveable. We were half expecting the electrician to turn up as he has a little bit of finishing off to do. Fortunately, he didn't show as I think I would have had to walk out or risk screaming at him.

We are getting the gas connected on 6th May - yay!! Perhaps we can be in by the end of May!!

I've decided to update my ticker as, although I haven't weighed on my own scales, my boyfriends clearly show I've lost a further 2lbs and I want to recorded it! I am starting to seriously think about having a fill now, mum is a bit concerned but I want to give things a boost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I seriously wouldn't pay them the original amount agreed - I would cut maybe 10% off or give them the cleaning bill.

Its good to hear that it is progressing, just all the work seems to take ages!

Well done for your continued weightloss too!