Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It just gets worse!!!!!!!

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse .... they do!

The powers that be at work managed to handle the departure of my manager in just about the worst way possible. She had to come in and tell the team herself and her manager was unavailable in a meeting all day so he did not contact us. All we got was a brief email confirming her departure and announcing that the interim person who was the same grade as me and had just left the team would be coming back to cover the team leader role until they appoint a permanent replacement. Their rationale for this is that they did not want to give an unfair advantage to a permanent member of staff who may apply - I'm pretty sure I don't want the poisoned chalice but the point is they appear to have overlooked me. I wouldn't mind so much but this person is a nightmare! I spent a good deal of time clearing up her mistakes on cases while she was on the team previously! What is worse is that she has been queening it about all morning. She then asked me to stay behind after we had a team brief to tell me she is worried about me (because I am using my crutches), she nearly ended up with one wrapped round her head!

What is so funny about all this is that I work in HR - you would think the Head of HR would know how to handle something like this properly!

No comments: