Thursday, April 16, 2009

What else is going to come my way?!!

I'm sitting on my bed feeling very sorry for myself!!

As I have mentioned before, I have a condition which affects my legs and feet. It is pretty stable and usually I get on with things without many issues but there is one problem that recurs every now and then. Due to my feet being curved and misshapen, I don't have a flat walking surface so the weight is not evenly distributed, this causes me to have stress fractures in my feet which can happen as frequently as every six months or I can go a few years. It always tends to be my left foot and the last one I had was in the summer of 2006 so I've been doing quite well. I've had the familiar twinges in my left foot for a few weeks now but it has held off and seemed to settle down only for my right foot to start hurting. It started over the weekend and has gradually got worse until I was limping around work today and I have even resorted to getting my dad to dig my crutches out from the shed - a sure sign that I'm suffering as I hate them with a vengance and will only use them as a very last resort!! I'm worrying a bit as both feet are feeling fragile and I'm not sure I could cope with both of them having to go in plaster - I think that might be a bit precarious!! It's a shame but I have to go into work tomorrow as it is only me and another consultant covering and I couldn't leave her on her own - otherwise I think I would stay at home and rest it -
let's hope it settles down over the weekend.

On a positive note, I went birthday present shopping for my niece last night at the mall. I decided I wanted to send her over a skirt so I was looking in all the trendy shops that I haven't set foot in since I was a student and wearing a size 14. I know they have got a lot better at stocking bigger sizes but looking at some of the clothes I felt I wasn't too far off getting in them. I managed to get her a fab skirt in NEXT which I know she is going to love.

Bertie is making his presence felt - I think it is all this stress, honestly, I should be like a beanpole by now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing, I really hope your feet settle down for you....! Lots of love Kerry x

Bandster said...

Thanks hun, I'm feeling a little bit better but I think I'm going to need my crutches for a little while yet which really bugs me - but I suppose needs must!