Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another week romps by!

Well, I've blinked and another week has gone by - I just don't know where the time is going at the moment.

The house is looking good - the carpet is perfect, I am absolutely thrilled with it. When I got to see it on Friday, my boyfriend had (without telling me) got his mate to come over and they had moved all the furniture in so it looked amazing - I just can't wait to move in.

I had a fantastic time with his mum shopping on Saturday. We got to the mall just after 10 and didn't leave until gone 3 - the time just flew by! I've ordered the curtains but the material is out of stock so there is going to be a slight delay.

The stairs are going in Thursday/Friday, they were supposed to start tomorrow but there is a slight delay.

We are away this weekend otherwise I think we would have moved in but it is imminent now.

Work is busy, my interview for the team leader role is next Monday with the Head of HR and Director of Employee Relations - no pressure there then!! I have to do a presentation with a question and answer session for 30 minutes and then a 60 minute competency based interview. The other permanent member of staff has withdrawn due to her pregnancy so it appears to be between me and the temp. I think she has dealt herself a fatal blow as she had to do an update with the Head of HR yesterday and I don't think she prepared properly (a huge mistake with this woman!), she must have got a roasting as she came out looking on the absolute verge of tears. I almost felt sorry for her but she is really bad at not preparing for meetings/phone calls. She was off today to attend an interview with another company. I feel quite ambivalent about it, I feel as though I had to apply for the role or risk being overlooked in the future. I am anxious about how the role will develop so I almost hope they don't appoint either of us and go external - mind you they have just declared a recruitment freeze which would make that virtually impossible!

I have to work on the presentation over the next few evenings as we are away for Saturday night - meeting up with some work colleagues for a reunion, haven't seen some of them in four years, should be fun!

My poor mum is finding it hard being so far away, I had a phone call tonight at 6pm (that is 1am their time!!) to find out how the interview went - bless her! Originally, we were told it would be today or tomorrow.

Bertie is being a bit of a bugger, I am struggling to eat much, it must be the stress. Let's hope that equals weight loss!

No comments: