Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life is good!!

Well, lots has happened since I last posted!

Our bedroom has now been decorated and the carpet is being laid tomorrow - WHOHOO!! This means that, theoretically, we could move in! The new staircase is being fitted next week - starting on Wednesday. So I think we will wait until that is in before we move in but I can feel that we are almost there! I am going curtain shopping with my boyfriend's mother on Saturday which will be great - she really knows her stuff.

Work has been full on. I've been in training all week for the new role that we are moving across to as of 1st of July - this is all tied into the restructure that happened at the beginning of the year. I believe the interviews for the promotion will be held next Tuesday or Wednesday. Interestingly, the other permanent member of staff - who I think would do an excellent job - has just announced that she is pregnant and is going to withdraw as she wants to concentrate on other things in the coming months - I don't blame her! So it appears that it is between me and the temp. I've had a lot of positive encouragement from the other team members (who aren't based in Bristol so I don't see very often) - they would be reporting in to me if I got the job.

I had a lovely moment today, one of the team members from Lytham (who had just told me she hoped I got the job!) turned to me as we were waiting in the coffee queue and said 'So, how much weight have you lost?' I nearly kissed her! I don't see her very often - last time was about 6 months ago - so she really noticed but she is the first person who didn't know anything about Bertie to mention it to me so I know for sure now that it is really showing - Bertie rocks!!

It is such a good feeling - I know my weight loss is slow but I am really feeling the benefit. I can walk a lot more comfortably, I don't get so much back ache and I am wearing trousers again in public without feeling like the Michelin man - I am so glad I had this done!

No comments: