Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ups and downs!!

Well, it has been an interesting few days!

The interview went okay, they weren't too hard on me, but my presentation overran (seriously!!) and I know some of my answers weren't great. It was no surprise to be told today that I didn't get it - to be totally honest my first emotion was relief as I think the job was going to be a nightmare (the reason I didn't apply for it in the first place)!

I would be absolutely fine with that if it wasn't for the fact that the temp has been told she hasn't been ruled out of the running although they have decided to 'benchmark' her against external candidates, ie they are going to interview other people before they decide! The feeling on the team is that they are stringing her on until her contract runs out in three weeks as she has been saying how she finishes this Tuesday and they hadn't issued her with written notice so they would have to pay it in lieu. The feeling is they want to make sure she continues to work while they are paying her. Oddly enough, she was verbally issued with notice last week and handed it in writing today during her outcome meeting. It makes no sense whatsoever, this woman is seriously bad - she hasn't got a clue!! I can cope with not getting the job but to be told she is the better candidate is an almighty kick in the teeth - I wish they'd just left me alone, I didn't want the damn job in the first place! My dilemma is what I do if she does get it, I honestly don't think I can work with her!

Anyway, it is not all bad news, we have a moving in date!!! We are moving in a week today on 1st July. The sale on my boyfriend's house completes on 3rd. I am so excited! At least now I can enjoy my new home and not have to worry about charging about the country for the foreseeable future.

Also, I think the last few days have been good for weight loss - I can hardly eat a thing and I've been running to the loo every five minutes!!

No comments: