Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

Whilst I have never had a lot of time for Michael Jackson in the recent years, I have to admit to being shocked and saddened to hear of his death last night.

He has always struck me as an extremely sad figure who was as much a victim as a perpetrator. When you look at his work in the 70s and 80s you cannot deny his immense talent. However, it appears to me that he was unable to deal with the pressures he experienced from such a young age and this manifested itself in his increasingly bizarre behaviour in the last 10-15 years. It was clear that his grasp on reality got weaker and weaker and he was unable to see and understand how he was being perceived.

I think the true tragedy in all this is how someone's life can be destroyed so totally.

I hope he now rests in peace.

No comments: