Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here we go.....!!!

At last, after a shade over four months we are moving into our new house tomorrrow - I can hardly sit still, I am so excited!!

I am working tomorrow so I am going to pack up my stuff for the rest of the week so I can come home, collect the dog and my stuff and get over to the new house as soon as possible after work tomorrow.

Moral question????
Can I get a sense check from you guys? My boyfriend has been engaged before (15-20 years ago). His parents gave him a dinner service as an engagement present which he still has. I don't want him to bring it to the new house, he says he doesn't like it but he can't get rid of it as his parents paid a lot of money for it and when the engagement was called off his mother asked him to keep it. I'm upset because he doesn't understand why I think it is inappropriate for him to expect me to have it in the house. He says we'll only use it when his parents come but I want us to have something new for both of us. Am I being unreasonable?????

Anyway, I must get to bed, it is late and tomorrow is a big day!!

I will post when I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you maybe ask him to sell it in order to get some money to by something new for the house that has meaning for the two of you? If you explain it to her mum she might understand.