Saturday, August 23, 2008

Feeling better!

Well, I'm feeling better this morning but last night was a bit of a worry.

I was sick again after posting my last message. I was getting really worried as this was after taking the anti-sickness medication. I phoned NHS Direct and a nurse called me back. We went through lots of questions. She wasn't concerned about the vomiting as such but understood my concern about the band (excessive or violent vomiting can cause the band to slip out of place). She said that the medication should kick in but if not and I am sick again I should call my out of hours doctor and get their advice. She felt that my band should be okay from what I had told her.

I managed to get a reasonably good night's sleep and I feel lots better this morning.

I've managed to eat a cereal bar and drink a glass of milk and they've stayed down so my band must be okay - if it had slipped I would not be able to keep anything down.

I took a sneaky look at the scales this morning to judge how I'm doing a full week after my fill. I am four pounds down but, being realistic, I must take in to account that I have not eaten much in the last 24 hours so that loss may not all be down to the band! Either way, I'm pretty chuffed to be seeing some results at last!

I'm off to spend the weekend at my boyfriends so probably won't get to post again until Monday at the earliest - am not going to risk using his computer! Have a fab long weekend!

No comments: