Thursday, August 14, 2008

Staying positive!

I've been giving a lot of thought to my lack of weight loss which, I must admit, is rather disappointing! I know it is quite common not to lose until you have a fill - someone once likened it to having a new car but no keys with which to drive it until you get a fill - but lets be honest I've just spent a small fortune on this gadget and I want to see some results!!

However, I realise I've been focussing on the scales when actually there are a lot of 'results' around me. I have noticed some of my clothes feel looser, particularly around the arms (I definitely have bingo wings!!!) and my tights don't seem to be quite such a struggle to get on in the morning - that could sometimes be quite hilarious not to mention quite dangerous!!

I've also noticed my attitude to food has changed. It was my dad's birthday yesterday and I went out for a meal with my parents last night. For starters we shared some bread and oil - normally I would dive in and gobble up loads of bread and it would hardly touch the sides. Last night, I knew I was taking a chance having the bread at all so I took it very slowly and really chewed it. It was divine but one slice was enough to satisfy me. For my main course I had fish cakes, which were gorgeous and I ordered a side of fries. I quite happily shared these with my mum, which before I would have really resented, we even left some in the bowl!!!! (I'm starting to sound like a right greedy cow!!! Perhaps that's how I ended up in this situation!!!!). Neither my mum or I really wanted a pudding (a revelation in itself for me!!!) but dad did and it wasn't fair to make him eat one on his own so mum and I shared some ice cream - again, I would have resented this before (puddings are NOT for sharing!!!!). I had quite enough to satisfy me. So, whilst I ate a good meal (with no after effects), it was nowhere near what I would have eaten pre-op.

I'm sincerely hoping that my fill will just build on these changes and actually get this ball rolling. I still have that 3 stone by Christmas goal that I am not ready to give up on just yet!!

No comments: