Saturday, August 2, 2008

Valuable lessons learnt!

Sorry that there was no post yesterday, I was busy learning the second of two valuable lessons for the day! They are sort of interconnected.

The first lesson was that what I could eat before, I might not be able to eat now. I went out for lunch with the girls from work as some one was moving to a new job. We go to this pub quite often and I usually have chicken skewers which is one of their lighter bites - two small skewers of chicken, two small crispy rashers, a mushroom, some salad leaves and a pitta bread. I hadn't eaten much else so I was quite hungry and I'm not sure whether I ate it too quickly or whether I didn't chew it properly but it didn't go down too well and at one point I was very worried that it was about to make a reappearance. I felt a bit odd for most of the afternoon and didn't eat anything else until quite late last night.

The second valuable lesson is quite obvious really, but if you haven't eaten much all day then three glasses of wine are going to make you very drunk very quickly! I live next door to my parents and they look after my dog during the day so I always call in to collect her. Last night, my mum and I had a few glasses of wine and a chat. I felt fine, until I went home and then I felt incredibly drunk! I know I spoke to my boyfriend but I have no recollection of what we talked about and then I stumbled up to bed - don't think I'll try that one again in a hurry!!

No comments: