Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm back!!!

Well, all the presents have been opened, the turkey has been eaten and the wine has been drunk!!! I've had a lovely Christmas, although it has all gone by in a flash!

We had a really nice meal with my boyfriend's parents on Christmas Eve. We left in time to get home for Gavin and Stacey. Christmas Day was a bit frantic! I'd promised to do the roast potatoes for dinner and also to steam the Christmas pudding. I know it doesn't sound like much but the problem was getting the timing right. I think I did the potatoes too early and they had to hang around while we ate our starters so they weren't as crispy as I normally get them but everyone else said they were fine. The rest of the time has been spent just chilling out.

Bertie has been very good to me over the festive period - he's allowed my to enjoy my Christmas without going too mad. I think I have put on a few pounds but I have enjoyed myself and I will work on those in January. The idea of the band is that I eat like a 'normal' person and 'normal' people will put on a few pounds over Christmas, the difference for me now is that once I go back to reality (ie not eating crap) it will work off which is what happens for 'normal' people - well, that's my theory anyway!! I have quite a lot of chocolates in the house at the moment, which I am going to give to my mum to take in to the nursing home where she does voluntary work. They can either give them to the residents or save them for a raffle.

The good news is that I found my P60 on Christmas Eve - when I was looking for something else! I will be posting off the mortgage application tomorrow - whohoo, things are moving on!!

No comments: