Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stunned!!!

Well, it has been an interesting 48 hours!!!!

Our offer on the house has been accepted and we are proceeding with the purchase! We are both so excited I don't think either of us has slept in the last three days! The house is amazing, it needs some work doing on it but we can take our time and do it properly. Once it is finished we are going to have a wonderful home. We just need to get everything sorted out now. I am such a worrier, I'm sure I won't sleep properly now until it is all signed and sealed! We've now got our solicitor appointed so it somehow seems more serious.

I had a busy day in London yesterday. I managed to get up at 5.30 which was an amazing feat in itself! It was absolutely freezing when I left the house at 6.15. It was still dark when the train left at 7. The meeting went well, I found out at lunchtime that our offer had been accepted and I must confess I don't think my mind was on the meeting for the rest of the day!

I got back to Bristol in time to attend the Avon Obesity Service Christmas drinks do! It was great to meet people who were at varying stages of the process. I must say Hi to Elaine who I met and I know reads this blog - you are a real inspiration Elaine. I hope I'm looking as good as you this time next year!

The other bit of fantastic news is that I managed to lose 3lbs this week, I'm not quite sure how - I'm sticking by my coffee theory - but I'm totally delighted. That is 22lbs altogether. I did say early on that I was hoping for 3 stone by Christmas. I realise now that was totally naive but I can proudly say I got over halfway there and who knows where I might be this time next year - I just hope, wherever it is, I am wearing a pair of skinny jeans!!

No comments: