Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

I am now in full-on Christmas mode!

The tree is up, after a lot of huffing and puffing! It fell over twice and did not want to sit in the stand properly at all. We finally got it in there and managed to ease it into the corner and no one is touching it again now! We went to a farm in South Wales to get it and it was so idyllic - there were geese and turkeys in the barn - we agreed that neither of us would mention cranberry sauce when we got out of the car! We bought it yesterday but were too busy/tired to put it up last night so we left it out in the garden over night. This morning it was covered in frost, it was so pretty.

I thought I would surprise my boyfriend on Friday, he was going out for a curry with the lads and then was going to go gliding on Saturday and come over here on Saturday evening. I thought I was seeing my cousin and his family with my parents but I'd got it wrong and ended up with nothing on so I thought I'd drive over to spend the night at my boyfriends. So, I drove over to his, 40 miles and one hour later I got to his house, put the telly on and had a cup of tea. Half an hour later, my mobile went. It was him asking where was I as he'd phoned my house and my mother's and I wasn't there. Anyway, after a few minutes, it turned out that I was at his house and he was at my house - he'd wanted to surprise me too!!

I had a lovely day in Lytham on Thursday - we didn't even see any snow (apart from some on the hills in the distance when we were on the M6). The only problem was the cava was flowing freely but it was too fizzy for me to even think about risking a glass. We didn't get home until 9.30 and I was shattered the next day - which turned out to be a day from hell!

I'm not really looking forward to going in to work tomorrow but this is my last full week before Christmas as I finish on 17th and I can't wait!

The weight seems to be coming off at the moment, although I'm not aware that I'm doing anything different. I stood on the scales this morning and I'd gone down another pound and it was teetering on the next one. I know this could change before my 'official' weigh in but it makes me feel great! My family have commented that my bum is looking smaller which is always nice to hear!

No comments: