Monday, December 1, 2008

The joy of Christmas!

It is only 1st December and I am already at screaming point!!!

I do love Christmas, I am a real kid at heart but I hate all the faff involved! I had a tough day at work today because I was out of the office for the last three working days either delivering or receiving training so I had a lot of catching up to do. I had to attend a meeting at 4pm and then typed the notes up before I left so didn't leave the office til 5.30 and then had the drive home from hell - having to stop to get petrol in the freeeeezing cold on the way. So how did I relax? I wrapped all the presents for Australia and then spent an hour with my mother packing and repacking boxes to get the optimum weight in each one - on the third time of repacking my patience was wearing thin. Then after we'd taped the boxes up so that no-one was getting in them until 2011, my mum decided that one wasn't packed well enough as things were sliding around inside it so we had to slice the tape open to pack it more securely and then tape it somemore!!!! I think we were both sick to death of Christmas by the time we'd finished!!!

There are times when only a chocolate biscuit will do and I don't care what Bertie thinks, it's going down!!!!! Bah humbug!!

PS - normal service will be resumed, probably tomorrow!!!

No comments: