Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Time to relax!

Not being too smug but I have now wrapped all my presents (although I still have one or two to wrap on behalf of my dad and boyfriend - MEN!!!) and I am ready for Christmas! Tomorrow I need to go and get petrol as the light has come on and I want to pop over and see a couple of friends. Then we are going to see my boyfriends parents for tea - I've agreed to drive so I'll be glad to get home and have a glass of Christmas cheer!! I love it on a Christmas Eve night when everything is done and you can relax and look forward to Christmas Day!

We've had a really busy day today, the mortgage application form finally arrived. So it has been completed and is ready to be posted on Monday. I got massively frustrated with banks today ... we are getting our mortgage with my boyfriend's current bank. As I am new to the bank, I have to produce certain documentation for the mortgage, one piece of which is my last P60 which I cannot for the life of me find. I have been stressing about this so I made him ring them today to let them know. He did the security check and told them the problem, he then handed the phone to me and I talked to her as I had a few slight problems with the other documents which we sorted out. I then mentioned the P60 and she said she had given the advice to my boyfriend and because I wasn't the customer she couldn't tell me! There was no way she was going to tell me so I handed the phone back to my boyfriend who put it on speakerphone and asked her to repeat the advice which was they don't need the P60!!! I mean - why couldn't she tell me that, it would hardly have broken the Data Protection Act!!!


I then had a run in with my own bank ... one of the other pieces of documentation is my last three bank statements. The problem is, I have gone to paperless banking (after constant pressure from the bank to do so!) and the mortgage bank want originals. I rang my branch to ask them to let me have copies and was told not only will it take 14 working days but will cost me £5. I was livid, I cancelled my paper statements after being constantly badgered to do so by the bank. This obviously saves them time and money in sending them out and now that I need original copies they want to charge me for something I would have got for free!!! So, I asked for the latest statement which they will send for free and advised them that I would be switching back to having paper statements (which I have done!). I've printed off the latest three statements from my online banking page and hope that will be sufficient for the mortgage bank, otherwise I will have to stomach the £5 - but it's the principle of the matter which makes me soooooo mad!!!

Sorry - that turned in to a massive rant, it wasn't intended to be one but banks do drive me mad!!!

We also got to the solicitors to produce our proofs of identity. So,even though I've ranted, I'm very pleased as I feel that things are finally moving forward. It's a shame that everything is going to stop now for Christmas but it is Christmas so I'm going to enjoy it in the knowledge that things are happening and, hopefully, we will have our house very soon in the New Year!!


I'm feeling very tired, I hardly slept last night. I seem to have developed a very irritating cough which seems to come into its own once I lie down. I kept coughing last night which drove my boyfriend mad (not to mention me!!). I'm hoping that it will be better tonight and I can get a decent night's sleep.

I'm not sure if I will get to post again before the big day so I am going to wish you all lots of love and happiness over the next few days. Have fun, whatever you are doing. I will post again as soon as I can.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments: