Monday, December 15, 2008

Where did the weekend go?!!

It seems to be a recurring theme lately but I've been so busy, I don't know where the time has gone!

I was exhausted on Friday, I got in to work and I was supposed to be covering until 4.30 but my boss took one look at me and said she would cover it and I could go home earlier if I wanted - which was really nice of her. I managed to get away by 3.45 which was great. My boyfriend caught the train over and met me at work and we had a lovely evening just chilling out with a glass of wine.

On Saturday we saw the financial consultant who was great - he's told us that we will have no problem getting a mortgage. We then took my parents across to see the house from the outside. My dad is a retired builder so it meant a lot to us to have his opinion on the house. He was really impressed with it and couldn't see any obvious problems with it. We also took the dog, who ran around the garden like she owned it already - she even marked a few spots, bless!!

We spent the evening with some friends watching the X Factor final with an Indian take away. I need to get it in to my head that I can't eat the same quantities and that I would be better just having some of someone elses meal - not my boyfriend who likes his curry the hotter the better! He was driving so it was lovely to let my hair down. I only managed about a third of my curry and I was stuffed to the gills!

On Sunday we had my boyfriend's parents over for lunch. Then his brother and his wife and little girl came over. It was very busy but I enjoyed having them all over. The poor dog was quite bewildered by it all in the end - she's not used to lively four year olds! It was nice when they had all gone and we could curl up on the sofa and watch TV. It will be so nice when we live together and one of us hasn't got to drive home on a Sunday night.

I'm really not able to eat much at all at the moment which is good. I'm sure I won't be able to do too much damage over Christmas although all the naughty stuff seems to go down fairly well, so I'll still have to be fairly careful.

Only two more days in work and then I'm finished for Christmas - can't wait!! I'm off until New Year's Eve which is such a treat, last year I was still working at 4.15 on Christmas Eve - that is just one of the reasons why I have a new job this year!!

No comments: