Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mini victory!

Thank goodness it is finally Saturday, it seems to have been a long time coming!

I only worked a half day yesterday, which was nice! I had my redundancy preference meeting which was okay - hopefully I should know by the end of next week if I am confirmed in the alternative role, so fingers crossed!

In the afternoon, I went to the hospital to help with a course they run for prospective orthopaedic consultants. I do it twice a year and it is really interesting. They run the course and then get patients in with unusual or complicated conditions and they have to diagnose them. My condition is pretty rare in itself but the way in which I have it makes it even rarer - I am only affected in my legs whereas it is more common to have it in both arms and legs. It threw a few of them yesterday! It is good fun and I really enjoy it, although the candidates are starting to look very young to me!!!

My mini victory relates to this. I always take a pair of shorts with me because it makes it easier to show them my legs without flashing my knickers at them! They are elasticated shorts which come down to just above my knees. I have had to struggled to get them over my hips for a couple of years and when they were on they were quite tight over my thighs.
I haven't tried them on since I was on holiday last April when I took them straight off because they looked so dreadful on me. Anyway, I grabbed them out of the cupboard just before I left and didn't really think about it until I put them on at the hospital. They slipped straight over my hips with no effort at all and they were baggy around my thighs - I couldn't believe the difference and I couldn't stop smiling to myself! It is definitely working!!

No news on the house - ARGHHHH!!!!! I just want to know that the mortgage is all agreed and we can start negotiating completion dates!

No comments: