Monday, January 12, 2009

Still alive ...

Although you might be forgiven for thinking not!! It has been a busy old few days and I am sitting here absolutely shattered!

Friday was a hellish day at work, I've been put 'at risk' of redundancy! What brilliant timing! I'm not too worried as being an HR bod I know it is a formal process. The situation is that currently there are five of us working on my team, one person at the level above me, one at the same level as me and two at the level below me. The job we do is going but is being replaced by four roles, one at the level above me and three at my level. I have been advised that, barring some unforeseen situation, me and my colleague who currently work at that level will move across to those roles and the two ladies working at the level below will have to apply for the promotion into the final position. It is just unsettling because a) it hasn't been confirmed and b) someone on the team is going to be made redundant and that is never nice to be involved with.

So on Friday night my boyfriend suggested that I go over and go out for curry with him and his mates which was lovely - it is nice to just forget about all the horrible stuff.

On Saturday I vegged out while he was working and when he got home we came back to my house. It was a bit confusing as we were supposed to be going to some friends for dinner but I hadn't heard anything from them. I would have called but I saw my friend three weeks ago and mentioned it. She appeared to have forgotten about it at first and then said oh yes, it's still on. But we didn't set a time so I was expecting her to ring or text me. I didn't like to contact her again as I thought she'd forgotten and didn't want to appear to be hassling her or making her feel awkward. So we stayed in, then at 8.45 we got a call asking if we were still coming - I felt dreadful! Looking back now, I should have texted her but I just didn't want to appear to be keeping on. Fortunately, she is a good friend and has been fine about it but I hate it when things like that happen. I also know how much trouble you go to when someone is coming to dinner.

The house is ticking along, they have charged us for the valuation so that must be happening soon if not already done. The solicitor called today and says we will probably need to get together towards the end of the month to go through things and start talking about a completion date - whohoo!!

We went looking at bathrooms and kitchens yesterday, just to see what's about. It is so exciting. I have a pile of brochures from B&Q, Homebase and Wickes - if only I had endless money ....!!!

Weight seems to be maintaining, I definitely have restriction. Unfortunately, the tin of Roses in my cupboard seemed to fall open over the weekend - the tape just unwound itself, honest!! I think I'm over them now!

No comments: