Friday, January 30, 2009

What a day!!

Thank God it's Friday!!! I know it is a cliche but it is heartfelt!!

Well, I found out today that my job is safe - I know I should feel happy about that but I feel very flat and low. The reason for that is two of my colleagues have been told that their jobs are being made redundant. I've been in this situation before - on both sides and I can honestly say it is not easier being the on the 'safe' side. In some ways, it is easier to be the one going because it is okay to be angry.

The atmosphere in work has been quite tense - understandably.

I've also got a pig of a case going on which really needs my full concentration and that is difficult to give at the moment.

So, I am sitting here waiting for my cottage pie to warm in the oven and I have a large glass of white wine on the go - probably not the only one that will go down tonight!!

No comments: