Friday, July 4, 2008

Back in the saddle!

I'm back!!

The operation went very smoothly and I have had very little pain. The only pain relief I've had since the op is paracetamol on the evening for a headache which was probably down to dehydration.

We arrived at the hospital at 7am and I was in my room by 7.15. It was all very low key and laid back until one of the nurses said you're booked in theatre for 8am and all of a sudden it was bedlam!! Probably just as well, didn't give me much chance to get the jitters! I'm not sure what time I was actually put out but probably about 8.15 and I woke up in recovery at 9.20. I was back in my room at 10.

I can't quite put my finger on how I feel, I have to say that having gone through the operation it is very important that people don't go in to this lightly. It is an operation and effectively you are making changes to an otherwise healthy organ. I am anxious as to how things are going to work out over the next few months. Everything has gone exactly according to plan so far, so I have no reason to feel anxious other than my normal worrying! At the moment, I am feeling a little tender and I am quite cautious about eating or drinking anything even though I am hungry. So far, I am only allowed clear fluids and jelly and I am struggling a bit with them!

The coming weeks/months are going to be interesting!

On the weight loss front, I lost 6lbs on the yummy yoghurt diet and I have updated my ticker tracker at the bottom of this page accordingly. Since going in to hospital, I've lost a further 2lbs so all going to plan - I should be feeling a lot more positive, lets just hope I've got the post-op blues and they go away quite soon! I'm sure I'll feel better once I've managed to eat something!

No comments: