Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Food, glorious food!

Today I am allowed to start eating normal textured food - oh joy!!!

I've been quite cautious, I had some crackers and cheese for brunch and I've just eaten two fishcakes with tomato ketchup - very tasty. It has gone down quite well. It is nice to feel as though I have something in my stomach as at times I've felt empty but not able to eat which can leave you feeling a bit sick. Now that I can eat normal textured food, it should stay in my stomach a bit longer and leave me feeling more satisfied.

It's funny how this operation has changed my attitude to food - I'm sitting in front of the television watching some adverts. It is surprising how many of them are for food and most of them just don't appeal at all - in fact they are making me feel a bit ill! I'm not sure if this is a permanent change or just due to me feeling a bit tender still.

I've certainly found that I am not eating anywhere near the same quantity of food I would have prior to the operation and I am not feeling particularly hungry. Which, obviously, is good! At present, I am not expected to lose weight. The band has only been put in place, it has not been inflated at all yet. Weight loss is not expected until the band has been inflated, although it does often occur beforehand. The band won't be inflated until at least 6 weeks after the operation. This is to ensure that everything has settled down and healed properly. So, I'm expecting my first fill towards the end of August.

No comments: