Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Phew - glad to be home!!

I know it's only Tuesday but I feel like I've done a week's work already!

I'm back from my whistlestop visit to Lytham, it was great to be out of the office but I had a total nightmare journey home. The M6 was closed between junction 12 and 10a which, considering I don't have sat nav and my road map was on my coffee table, gave me a bit of a headache! The message was flashing up as soon as I joined the motorway at Preston and I was hoping that it might have cleared by the time I got that far down but I got as far as Sandbach services and the radio updates were saying the congestion had reached junction 13 so I thought I should get off and see whether there was an alternative route. I spent 20 minutes on the phone to the office while a colleague tried to get me a route on the internet and then decided I should splash out the £4 to buy a new road map just in case I got lost with the directions! To cut a long story short a journey which should take 3 and a half hours took me 5 and I am shattered!!! I'm off to Basingstoke tomorrow but fortunately a colleague is driving!

I'm still feeling fine although I seem to have a niggling pain around my waist. I hesitate to use the word pain, it is more of an ache but it has been there since the operation, I notice it more now as everything else has settled down. It seems to be where the waist band of my tights sit and the waist of my skirt - I think it is probably a bit of internal bruising as I still have some marks.

Weighing day tomorrow, I'm not expecting miracles!!!

No comments: